The company name „Connecting Words“, means for me personally that language is a link between people and cultures. Words that ensure communication, build bridges and hence connect worlds.
The removal of language barriers is my job. Whether it is a certified translation of official documents, court decisions or company contracts, you can rely on my expertise and be sure that your document is in professional hands with me.
As a certified translator authorised by the Higher Regional Court of Hamm (Oberlandesgericht Hamm, file number 3162
E – 17.6382), I am your contact person when it comes to certified translations for official purposes.
My certified translations are valid throughout Germany and can be submitted to German authorities or to authorities of English-speaking countries.
You can count on my professional support!
Please feel free to send me the document to be translated and I will make a non-binding quotation for you.
Get your free quote
As a certified graduate translator (Diplom-Übersetzerin – equivalent to a M.A. degree in translation) in the language pair English and German, I am at your disposal as a competent partner with my translation office “Connecting Words by Oya Birel”.
- Graduate translator (Diplom-Übersetzerin), Cologne University of Applied Sciences
Institute of Translation and Multilingual Communication
- Study abroad at the University of Western Sydney in Australia
In the field of specialised translation (technical, legal, medical) and interpreting
- Many years of experience as a project manager in the field of software and game localization at international cooperating companies and translation agencies in Cologne
- Language teacher at several language schools
- Seminar of the German legal system by the BDÜ (German federal association for translators and interpreters)
- BDÜ-web seminar: “Introduction to legal translation” by Richard Delaney
- BDÜ-web seminar: “Strafprozessrecht” (German Criminal Procedural Law) by Ahmet Yildirim
I translate the following language pairs:
English <> German
Turkish <> German, English
Spanish > German
My areas of translation include:
- Certified translations Englisch <> German
- Legal translation: Company contracts, court decisions, etc.
- Translations for the packaging and labelling industry and the journal “Pack Converting”
- Consumer Electronics
I offer you:
- Qualified legal translations
- Accurate and on-time work
- Customer-oriented and transparent work
- Absolutely confidential handling of your data and documents
- A personal service for all your concerns
- Constant further study
Please send me the document to be translated by e-mail so that I can provide you an individual and non-binding offer!
For small orders of less than 250 words a minimum fee applies. Please contact me for an individual and non-binding offer!